Monday, August 6, 2012

Low Carb BBQ Sauce

Are you ready for some seriously sweet BBQ sauce that will make your mouth water? I made this sauce, then spooned it onto my pork butt roast. I let the roast sit (covered in foil) for one hour. I turned on the oven at 475 degrees and let it warm up for 15 minutes, then I put in the roast, and immediately turned the oven down to 200 degrees. I cooked my roast for 4 hours. I poured the rest of my sauce over Hillshire Farms Little Smokies in a small Crockpot. (Little Smokies have 2 carbs for every five smokies - sad face, right? I made these for my kids.)

Directions:

1. Chop two strips of bacon into small pieces. Fry the bacon in a pan that comes with a lid.
2. Add chopped onion (I threw in two handfuls. I buy the pre chopped onion at the grocery store.) Saute the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft.

Add the following ingredients:

1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
1 - 12 oz. can of Diet A&W Root Beer
2 T. paprika
1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp. of Frank's Hot Sauce

Stir well, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes. 10 servings, 1/4 cup, approximately 3 carbs.

No comments: