Sunday, August 5, 2012

Low Carb Strawberry Almond Breakfast Cake

Low Carb Strawberry Breakfast Cake
I created breakfast happiness this morning. I decided to take my Blueberry Bliss recipe and tinker around with it to make a strawberry breakfast cake. It was so good I'm chomping at the bit to make one tomorrow morning.

Instructions

Use a fork to mix the following dry ingredients in a bowl:
1 T., 1 tsp. of Bob Mill's Almond Flour
1 T., 1 tsp. flaxmeal
1 T., 1 tsp. Jay Robb's Strawberry Whey Protein Powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Splenda

Add in:

1 T. heavy whipping cream
1 T. DaVinci's Sugar Free Strawberry Syrup
Whisk the wet ingredients well.

Pour the dry ingredients into the microwavable bowl with the wet ingredients. (I used a 2 cup Pyrex microwave safe bowl). Mix together well.

Dice 3 to 4 strawberrys. Fold half of them into mixture, and a small amount of almond pieces (I broke up several slivered almonds).

Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes (my microwave is old and slow, so adjust accordingly), or until done (cake like). Your breakfast cake pops right out and onto your plate. Top your breakfast cake with the rest of the strawberries, whipped cream topping, and a few almond slivers. Approximately 2 carbs per cake. One cake equals 1 serving.

No comments: