Sunday, April 21, 2013

Get Smart with Your Water

  Gatorade was invented for athletes to replenish their electrolytes in order to keep from dehydrating. What are electrolytes? They are minerals in your blood and body fluids such as calcium, chloride, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, and sodium. Your body loses electrolytes when you sweat, so you need to replace them with liquid. Water is the best liquid out there, but now you can get water with electrolytes minus all of the sugar that they put into products like Gatorade. Glaceau Smart Water has added electrolytes, and is available at stores everywhere. I'm not an athlete, and I avoid sweating at all costs, but I've found that Smart Water can help alleviate headaches and is great for flushing out my system when my blood sugar gets too high. You can also get dehydrated when you get sick, so Smart Water is perfect for days when you are not feeling too perky. It's my go to water, and now my dancing daughter drinks it instead of sugary electrolyte drinks. 

No comments: