Sunday, April 21, 2013

Low Carb Dinner Menu for April 21 - April 26

I'm back and I'm ready to kick my own butt! I had a scare this week. I'm talking a "life pass before your eyes" kind of scare. I watched a colleague and friend go into a diabetic seizure. I was shaking over the incident two hours later. My friend is stable and at home, but it's a moment that will forever live in my memory. Talk about a wake up call! I'm planning my week and getting ready to hit the grocery store.

Breakfast: eggs (fried or scrambled), bacon or sausage, and a couple of strawberries
Lunch: left overs from dinner and Sadler's Beef Brisket (precooked from Sam's) w/low carb BBQ sauce

Sunday
Yesterday I bought a large package of ground beef at Sam's, so tonight I plan to make two containers of meatloaf (one for tonight and one to freeze). I also plan to make two cheeseburger pies to freeze as well. I'm going to try a salad I found on Pinterest: cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (cut in half), onion, ACV, olive oil, and salt and pepper.

Monday
I'm planning on making garlic butter chicken dipped in crushed French's Fried Onions and broccoli. I need something fairly quick tonight since my DD has dance at 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday
I'm going to drop a turkey breast into the crockpot (seasoned with Tony Chacheres) with a little water and let goodness happen. Since we are all on different schedules in my house on Tuesday, I will probably just heat up some green beans or make a quick salad.

Wednesday
I bought a Sadler's Beef Brisket from Sam's yesterday. It's already cooked and sliced. All I have to do is heat it up and add some low carb BBQ sauce. I'm going to get a bag of broccoli slaw and mix in some Bacon Ranch Dressing as a side. Yum!

Thursday
This is another busy night for my family. We are on the go and not at home at the same time. I think I'll pick up some pre made chicken salad from Krogers -enough for lunch on Friday as well. DH works late on Thursday, so he'll have to take leftovers from earlier in the week.

Friday
Bunless burgers topped with bacon and cheese tonight! Simple and quick! I'll add a salad on the side.

No comments: