Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sugar is Evil

Just saying...
I realized that when I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm wicked. I've been wicked for months now. This little thing called stress eats my lunch. Being wicked has consequences. I'm suffering from them right now -yeast infection (feeds on sugar), tired, run down, achy, and wacky vision. You would think I'd learn, but for some reason when life throws me curve balls, I tend to cave. Cave in to sugar. Wicked, wicked sugar. Ice cream, Girl Scout cookies, bread, you name it. The thing is -I know what to do and I know how to do it, but my discipline only lasts so long. Sometimes I'll go days or weeks or even months on low carb. I always feel better, lose weight, and gain energy. How many times have I come back to this blog and started over? Please don't count. I'm not sure I want to know. My issues started last week (the female kind). It's miserable wake up call. Unfortunately, I was out of town at a funeral when it first cropped up, so it was another day before I could deal with my little problem. By then, I was on fire. I left an urgent care center in tears, promising myself I'd remember this moment and avoid sugar at all costs. This week I've been very, very good. I've even lost five pounds, but I'm still dealing with my issue. It's better, but not over. I'm getting ready to take my second dose of prescribed meds, and I just opened up my package of stinging nettle to make tea (I've read this tea can help with this, and yesterday I read an article on all of it's health benefits -worth a try). I've been taking my vitamins and probiotics this week too! For those of you who are saying, "TMI", so sorry, but sometimes lessons come hard. Sugar is truly evil with all of it's sweet goodness. Yeah, right! Sugar is a slow murder weapon. It's slowly killing me. I'm not a fan of dying, and especially not dying early, so I guess I'd better kick my own ass, and get off the sugar kick. Are you in?

No comments: