Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dinner Menu for February 28 to March 5th, 2010

I'm starting to feel a bit repetitive, but I must say, I've found a few favorites. Spring Break is coming up soon. I'll have to try some new recipes. In particular, I'd like to find simple vegy recipes and try out some low carb treats. If you have some ideas, please leave comments and links for everyone.

Sunday

Did you miss the BEST Ever Pork Chop post? It's right before this one. They turned out great. I just finished my chop (and half of DH's second). Yum! Tonight I'm going to make Pumpkin Soup and Holmes Original Pecan Sausage.

Monday

I confess. I'm watching the FRC of The Bachelor tomorrow night. By the time I get home from taking DD to dance, I don't have a lot of time to cook. In the morning I will put a Beef Stew together (beef stew meat, 2 pgks. McCormicks beef stew seasoning w/water, cut onion and celery) in the crockpot.

Tuesday

I'm going to make cheeseburger pie (okay, I love it already - makes great leftovers for lunch). I'm contemplating adding broccoli to the pie.

Wednesday

Can you say chicken wings? I'm driving thru, picking up, order out... KFC's spicy grilled chicken wings are 0 carbs. Add your own vegy sides to keep things low carb.

Thursday

What can I say? I'm a traditional American girl. Meatloaf. Uh-huh. Again. I LOVE the low carb meatloaf. I use Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup. I wish they would make bigger bottles! I plan to try cauliflower mashed potatoes (as traditional as a low carb WOE will let me) if I can find a bag of frozen cauliflower. I couldn't find it at Kroger's today (sad face).

Friday

Italian Chicken, Garlic Shrimp (from Schwan's), and a bag of steamed vegys. I always buy my chicken breasts from Schwans. They turn out right every time.

No comments: