Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dinner Menu Week of February 21 - 26, 2010

Sorry I didn't post last week's menu. Things got a little harried with both home and work. I did manage to stay on plan and lose 3 pounds. I'm in a new weight loss decade (one I haven't seen in 10 years), and I'm 4 sizes smaller. How cool is that? Low carb rocks!

This week I'm going to simply share the main course. All of my vegys are steamed. Meat sales were great, so I picked up quite a bit to put in the big freezer.

Sunday

The boys should be home from camping anytime now. The pot roast is in the crock pot. It's smells good!

Monday

Garlic butter chicken dipped in French Fried Onions. Melt a stick of butter. Add 2 tsps. of garlic powder. Crush up some French Fried Onions (French's is the best. The off brand tasted like dirt.). Dip the chicken in the butter mixture and the FFO's. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Tuesday

Texas Style Ground Beef (ground beef, diced onion & bell pepper, Greek Seasoning, 1 tbsp. Worchestshire sauce, 1 can Rotel, optional - Dreamfields Pasta)

Wednesday

Beef Stew in a Crock Pot. Add 2 pkgs. of McCormicks Beef Stew seasoning (w/the water recommended), large pieces of onion and celery. If you can handle the carbs, you could add a little bit of carrot and potato, but measure carefully.

Thursday

Pumpkin Soup & Holmes Original Pecan Sausage (my favorite).

Friday

Salmon in a Crock Pot. I never made this last time. I couldn't find any wild Alaskan Salmon. I'm going to try again this week. My alternative plan is pork chops.

No comments: