Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dinner Menu for January 24 - January 29, 2010

This week I'm going to try a few new ideas, and some old favorites. Are you ready for dinner?

Sunday

Salmon in a Crock Pot. I always buy wild Alaska salmon, and ask the seafood department to remove the skin. Place 1-1/2 lb. salmon fillet(s) in a crock pot. Add 1/4 cup dry white wine, 2 tbsp. melted butter, 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, & 1 tsp light soy sauce. Cook on low for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Keep an eye on it after the first hour so you don't overcook it. Serve with a salad & steamed vegys.

Monday

Roast Beef in a Crock Pot. Place your roast in the crock pot on top of foil balls. Mix together 1 envelope of each and pour over the roast: Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, & McCormicks brown gravy mix. Cook on low 8-10 hours (no water needed). Serve with steamed mixed vegetables.

Tuesday

Tex-Mex Chicken. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish sprayed with Pam. Season with Greek Seasoning. Top with a mix of diced bell pepper & diced onion. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and top with cheese (I buy the package of Mexican cheeses from Kraft). Place the chicken back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Back in the day I served this with Ranch Style Beans and Rice-a-Roni, but not anymore. If you can handle beans, you might serve it with Pinto beans. I will have a salad.

Wednesday

Bunless Bacon Cheeseburgers. Seriously I won't be be home. This is the menu for the boys. It's dance class night, so I will grab something low carb at an area restaurant, and pick up DD something on the way home.

Thursday

Low Carb Meatloaf. This meatloaf was a hit. It turned out so good, I'm going to have it again! I think I might try a version of cauliflower mashed potatoes (mock, of course). This time I will buy a bag of frozen cauliflower, allow it to defrost, cook it in the microwave, and mash it up before adding salt, pepper, butter, heavy cream, sour cream, cheese, & bacon bits. I'm going to go light on the cheese.

Friday

Italian Chicken Legs. I'm really making use of the crock pot this week. Place 8 chicken legs in a crock pot. Add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp. brown Sugar Twin or Splenda, 1 - 8 oz. can of tomato sauce, & 1/2 cup of diced onion. Cook on low 7-8 hours. I'll serve this with Southern Green Beans and steamed yellow squash.

I'm searching for simple vegetable recipes. Please leave a recipe in the comments section. I desperately need some vegetable variety!

No comments: