Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Day, New Start!

Today is January 1st, 2010. Today I resolve to begin again, to put the past behind me, to learn from my mistakes, to go forward with my goal to live a healthy life. Join me on my low carb lifetime journey.

Today I'm starting Atkins induction. I will continue through January 15th. On induction you can eat beef, eggs, chicken, turkey, pork, fish, and low gylcemic vegetables. In other words - meat and vegetables. You can also have butter, cream, and spices. As I sit here drinking my morning coffee (yes, you can have coffee), I am dreaming of the bacon and eggs my dear hubby is going to make for me (yes, I'm spoiled). After breakfast, I am going to plan my menu for the week, make a grocery list, and go to the grocery store.

I fell off the water wagon a few weeks ago and bumped my head on a bottle of diet soda. My weight loss has slowed down ever since, so today I'm giving up soda and starting back on water. Water is nature's diet drink.

It's all about beginning again. The New Year is a great excuse to start over, reevaluate life goals, and live a healthy life. What are your New Year's resolutions for getting healthy?

No comments: