Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dinner Menu for January 31 to February 5, 2010

I learned a little lesson last week. I made my dinner menu, but didn't get around to shopping. I sent hubby out for half of the list. My week did not go as planned. We ended up having sausage one night and chicken breaded with french fried onions (very good by the way).

Sunday

We are going to bake some catfish. Crush up a bag of pork rinds. Add 1 -1/2 cups of almond flour & 3 tsp. of Old Bay Seasoning. Mix it together. Dip the catfish in egg whites and then into the crumb mixture. Bake @ 500 for 12-15 minutes or until catfish flakes easily. Serve with low carb cole slaw and cut green beans. (Cole slaw - I use a bag of cole slaw mix with Hidden Valley Cole Slaw Dressing. The dressing is 2.5 grams of carbs per tbsp., so use sparingly. I like adding a little bit of diced apple and walnuts.)

Monday

Italian Chicken Legs. This is one of the recipes I intended to cook last week, but never picked up the drumsticks. I have them now, so this is on the menu for Monday. I'll serve it with a bag of mixed steamed vegys.

Tuesday

I was looking through my "back in the day" recipes to see if there were any favorites that I could modify to low carb when I ran across my Pumpkin Soup recipe. Simmer for 20 minutes: 3 cups of chicken broth, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 cups of 100% pure pumpkin, 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 tsp fresh thyme, 1/2 clove garlic (minced), and 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Puree 1 cup at a time in a blender or food processor. Return to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream. Garnish with fresh parsley. I'm thinking about making some sausage to go along with this soup.

Wednesday

BBQ Pot Roast. Place your roast into the crock pot. Combine 1 cup of low carb ketchup (I use Heinz reduced sugar), 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 2 tbsp. brown Splenda or Sugar Twin, 1/2 cup of water. Pour the mix over the roast. Cook on low for 10-12 hours. Serve with mixed steamed vegys.

Thursday

Garlic Butter Chicken. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in the microwave. Mix in 1 tbsp of garlic salt & 1/4 tsp. of pepper. Dip chicken breasts into the mixture and lay in a pan sprayed with Pam. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with the vegys of your choice.

Friday

Texas Style Ground Beef. Brown a pound of ground beef with diced onion and bell pepper. Add 2 cans of Rotel Tomatoes & Chilis. Season with 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp. Greek Seasoning, salt & pepper. If you can handle "extra" carbs, add Dreamfields penne pasta.

No comments: