Sunday, July 22, 2012

Low Carb Dinner Menu, Week of July 22-26, 2012

It's time to get back to menu planning. Life is easier when you plan.

Monday
I bought a bag of crab legs and a bag of cooked shrimp at Sam's. I plan to whip up a salad to go with it. I'll get DH to make some low carb cocktail sauce to go with the shrimp. Of course, you can dip crab into some melted butter. Yum!
Tuesday
I'm going to try making zucchini boats. You cut off the ends of the zucchini, then cut it in half lengthwise. Next, you scoop out the seeds. Brown some ground beef with garlic and olive oil (and other Italian seasonings). Spoon some of the ground beef into the zucchini boats. Top with slice cherry tomatoes or low carb spaghetti sauce (or season tomato sauce) and parmesan cheese. Broil for a couple of minutes.
Wednesday
I love cube steak! Dredge the steaks lightly in Worcestershire sauce and Carbquik, then fry them up in vegetable oil. I'm a bit fond of eating cube steak with reduced sugar ketchup. I'll add a salad for a side.
Thursday
Several years ago, I created a recipe that my DH loves! I call it chicken breast with vegetables. I season my chicken breasts, then add some fresh tomatoes on top, and chopped zucchini and summer squash. Sprinkle the veggies with some seasoning (I use Greek seasoning). Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Top each breast with cheddar cheese, and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes.
Friday
I think I'll make a pork tenderloin, but I need to Google to find a seasoning recipe that appeals to me.


No comments: