Saturday, July 21, 2012

Low Carb Strawberry Milkshake

Hold onto your taste buds, because you are not going to believe this until you try it. I did it totally by accident. I created a low carb strawberry milkshake (minus the milk and ice cream). The only thing that is missing is the thickness that comes with the ice cream. I was just throwing stuff into the blender, but I had no idea it was going to taste just like a strawberry milkshake. I even though to myself, "Oh, this tastes familiar" (that's how long it's been since I've had a real one). Then I took another sip, and just about flipped when I realized what I did.

Ingredients:

1 packet of Jay Robb's Whey Strawberry Protein Powder (this will not do it alone)
2/3 club soda
1/3 heavy whipping cream
good splash of Davinci's sugar free strawberry syrup (makes the difference)
1 tbsp of chia gel for good measure

Whip it up in the blender. Add ice and set to chop. Pour in a glass and drink up! 3 carbs

No comments: