Thursday, July 19, 2012

Weekend Fat Fast

I've decided to try a hybrid of Atkin's Fat Fast over the weekend. I am not at work on Friday, so I'm going to do a three day fat fast to see how it goes. On the Atkin's Fat Fast, you are supposed to get 90% of your calories from fat, eat 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day, and stick to 1000 calories. I've decided to try 1200 calories with one meal being a protein shake. I'm going to have five mini meals each day. I've worked out the calories (not that I'm a big believer in the whole calorie thing, but I'll play for a weekend), fat, protein, fiber and carbs. If I want to back up to 1000 calories, I can nix the protein shake. I plan to eat a mini meal every 2 to 3 hours.

Mini Meal # 1
2 scrambled eggs in 1 tbsp. butter

Mini Meal # 2
1/2 cup Super Jello

Mini Meal # 3
1 -5 oz can of tuna with 1 tbsp. of real mayo (plus a little sugar free relish, Morton's Lite Salt, and pepper)

Mini Meal # 4
2 deviled eggs (from 1 whole egg made with 1/2 tsp. real mayo, a little sugar free relish, a dash of salt and pepper, a smidgeon of mustard, and a dash of paprika on top)
6 macadamia nuts
2 tbsp. HEB's Natural Guacamole

Mini Meal # 5
Jay Robb's Protein Shake (1 scoop of protein powder, 3/4 cup club soda, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tbsp. DaVinci's, 1 tbsp. chia gel, 1 tbsp. flaxmeal)

Liquids: coffee, tea, water (sweetened with Stevia)
I am going to drink a lot of Oolong tea throughout the weekend. Oolong tea is delicious and known for helping with weight loss.

I will continue my supplements during my Weekend Fat Fast. My weight today is 189. I will report my results on Monday morning.

No comments: